pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I nostri hotel in Italia

Jonny and I are terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, at planning and organizing. Whenever I've been in charge of planning travel, I've always taken a fly by the seat of your pants approach, and Jonny is the same if not worse. It makes for fun and adventurous trips, but it also means that we might be left scrambling at the last minute to find a place to stay. We took this pre-marital counseling class, and we were told that we were probably going to struggle caring for plants, animals, and children. We've got a few plants in our house that are still alive right now, so things are looking pretty good for us. 

Anyways, I say all that so that you'll be massively impressed that we've booked all of our hotels for our trip to Italy, and we have an itinerary of which cities we'll be going to. This is seriously unheard-of for us. And to top it all off, I've already started packing my suitcase (something I usually start to do the night before we leave or the morning we're supposed to go to the airport). As I've been packing, I've been thinking about how beautiful all of the places we're staying are going to be. 

Our hotel in Sorrento for Louise's wedding
The place we're staying in Roma for a few days
I couldn't find a great picture of our hotel in Firenze, but I hope this is the view from there
My sister is joining us for Firenze and Siena, and I'm really excited about our Siena b&b
Our gorgeous hotel in Venezia, which will probably be the nicest place I've ever stayed

I hated when Jonny was traveling back and forth to Toronto every week and living out of a hotel, and I would trade a million stays in fancy hotels to have had him here in San Francisco that whole time. But we're getting to stay in some fancy schmancy hotels on this trip for absolutely free, which is a truly amazing perk. 

I can't wait for our Italian adventures! We leave on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails