pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Almost savory blueberry muffins


I don't know if I've ever posted about a recipe I invented before! I feel like a real food blogger (if you trade a shoddy iPhone for a fancy camera and food styling). Yesterday I was at home with a fever, and I was getting really hungry but we had very little to eat in the house - some stale multi-grain cheerios, pork sausages, and, yep, I think that's about it. So I had to decide whether I wanted to get out of bed and leave the house to find food or if I wanted to get out of bed and try to make food using what we had. I decided to stay in and make muffins, and although they didn't fluff up beautifully, they actually tasted really good. 

I really don't like super sugary muffins, so I tried to go easy on the sugar and use what we had to substitute for what we didn't. Here's how I did it: 

1 c whole wheat flour
1 c oatmeal
4 T sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 lb butter
lots of blueberries!

Mix the dry and the wet separately, then put it all together and add blueberries. Bake for about 20 minutes at 400, then pull them out and eat them up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails