pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Ma

We got some shocking, awful news on Thursday. My grandmother, my mom's mom, was hit by a truck and died instantly. She was 86, and she was in incredible shape - still driving, off to play bridge that morning she was hit. 

I've been laying pretty low since then. It's taken me a while to absorb the news, and I haven't felt up to doing much. Thankfully, this was our first weekend all summer that we haven't been traveling or had something crazy going on, so we got to spend lots of time skyping with family and hanging out at home. We'll head to Indianapolis on Thursday to be with family and celebrate Ma's life. 
This is the most recent photo I have with Ma on my computer. I wore her dress - the same dress she had worn for her wedding in the 50's - when we got married in October. I'm so thankful we got to share that day with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails