pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My birthday present

So, my friend Eleanor who prodded me to post pictures of our house scolded me after my post went up because I left out our coffee table. This is one of my favorite pieces of furniture in our house, and I love the story behind it.

Eleanor and I were hanging out in Tiburon one day that she was visiting, and we came upon this awesome furniture store. Both Eleanor and I fell in love with this table, but when I called Jonny to tell him about it, he said it sounded way too expensive and he wanted to see it if we were gonna spend that much on a coffee table.

After that, I kind of forgot about it until a delivery man showed up at my birthday dinner with the table! Eleanor had described the table to Jonny, and he had somehow figured out where it was from (which is an impressive feat, because I tried for a good 10 minutes to find a link to the store for this post and couldn't do it.) This table was made with found wood in India, and I l-o-v-e it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails