pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scenes from New Caledonia

On a whim, we chose to spend our honeymoon in New Caledonia. We knew we wanted to spend our weeks on a remote island in the Pacific and we wanted to go somewhere that neither of us had ever been or might ever go. New Caledonia is a French island near Fiji, and it was absolutely fantastic. Perfect weather, great food, and lots of time together. We would highly recommend it if you don't mind traveling for 24 hours to get there! Below are a few pictures from our time there.


 On the beach in front of our bungalow about to head for dinner:


 Our little beach bungalow:

I loved how, because we were technically in France, everything was in French, even the knobs on the sink:
Our view of the lagoon from our back porch:

I don't normally like pictures of my feet, but this just shows the beautiful ocean right outside our bungalow, so I'll let this one go up:

 Another look at the lagoon from our porch:

Mealtime!:


 Our view from breakfast every morning:
 
And one of my very favorite things about where we chose to go on our honeymoon: all of the Japanese couples there were wearing matching honeymoon outfits. I tried to get a picture and this is the best that I did:

All in all, it was such an incredible few weeks together in a beautiful place, and I'm so glad we got to take the trip. I'll definitely be sharing lots more pictures from our wedding and honeymoon and other joyous affairs in the days to come, so get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails