pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Weekend!


One of my favorite things that has come from working at Kiva is my new and improved love for donuts.

Not that I never loved donuts. We used to get them on the way to church on Sundays when we were little (my parents' brilliant way of getting us out of bed happily on Sunday mornings!). When I was in 8th grade running for President of the middle school, I promised my first act as Middle School President would be to bring donuts to the every person the next morning. (I won, and I came through with donuts from Donut Den!).

But until recently, I haven't been that into donuts in my adult life. I lived in Winston-Salem (home of Krispy Kreme), and for the five years I lived there, I never once at a donut. Now that I work at Kiva, though, I have at least one donut a week. And not even the fancy San Francisco kind of donuts like Dynamo. I go for the cheap kind sold on Mission Street, and my very favorite is a cake donut with icing and sprinkles. 

This weekend, my amazing friend Caitlyn organized a PARTY BUS to take us on a wine tour of Napa and Sonoma. I can't wait! Maybe I'll bring some donuts for the road...

Happy weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails